Monday 24 March 2014

Practicing with senior counsel Celine Wilfred comes to an end....

LAW PRACTICE with Adv. CELINE WILFRED…
Dear ‘Chechi’,
Loving greetings! Thanks for everything from our first meeting on Wednesday, 13th July 2012 and then from Monday, 10th September 2012 as an enrolled advocate till this day.
You seemingly welcomed us generously and as days went on you seemed to lose that gradually leaving us wonder whether we are really wanted or not, if not dispensable. At one stage I even came to your house to share that, especially the financial constraints, though I didn’t expect any monetary benefit as I always maintained in my ministry in the church.
For your information, to this day `3000/- (three thousand only) on16 days out of my nearly 175 days was given except the amounts in Judy’s cases (`2500/- at CJM on 17th May and `2000/- at Family Court on 9th July, 2013). Knowing her to be poor and dependent, I gave back the two remunerations to her only.
As people seem to believe, a priest is said to be a ‘consecrated’ person and all along I tried to live up to that faith. For me ‘holiness’ is nothing but truth, justice and the like. The little experience I have in litigation, led me feel that we, the lawyers are failing justice as the priests have failed ‘holiness’ all these days! That feeling suffocates me besides the change in attitude from your side.
The office seemingly doesn’t have any discipline with no one in charge especially with regard to us, the juniors. No guidance of any kind is given! Yes, in the first few days, you spared some time for us, and never thereafter. We could at least have been entrusted with some concerned seniors in the office. No evaluation, no remedial steps in the possible pitfalls! Besides this your attitude/comments of late is hurting, if not humiliating which I have never ever let anyone. Never ever have I gone against any of your expressed wishes or guidelines. Am sure that I was only happy to give you the respect you deserved as an experienced and esteemed senior, even when you openly exempted me as a ‘priest’. May be that I took little freedom with you and that that too never at the cost of respect due to you.
While there is no doubt with regard to our being beginners, no one needs to take us for granted ignoring our age and experience in our respective fields. Fortunately all in the office gave that much consideration, though some tried in vain to impose. Thank you again for letting me as your junior to this day. However, I shall only be happy to assist you in the courts or office provided that is asked for sufficiently in advance. 23.08.’13
Thanking you,

Pankiras A



No comments: